Back injuries can happen when you do something new, different or strenuous, such as lifting heavy items or playing a new sport. The pain may also occur because of repeated stress on the back that gradually turns into an injury.
Common causes of back pain
- Trauma (fall, car accident, lifting)
- Muscle imbalances (postural issues)
- Existing medical conditions
- Osteoarthritis & rheumatological conditions
- Cumulative stress such as the frequency of bending in life.
Our physiotherapists use a number of strategies to assess and treat spine and back pain including, clinical Pilates and core strengthening, McKenzie method, trigger point dry needling, DorsaVi analysis, mobilisation, and massage.